Telmate - San Francisco, CA
Full Stack Engineer (Contract)
Oct 2014 - Present
- Implemented features and functionality for SpinalQ, a multithreaded JRuby application responsible for the company's ElasticSearch data pipeline.
- Developed functionality for Command Center, a communication platform
used by facility staff built on top of JRuby, Rails, and React.js.
- Profiled and optimized company's ElasticSearch cluster for fault tolerance and performance through cluster configuration, query selection, monitoring, alerting, and replication setup.
Environment: JRuby, ElasticSearch, Rails, React.js, MySQL
Apple - Sunnyvale, CA
Aug 2013 - Oct 2014
- Provided Infrastructure and Devops services for the Apple Online Store IOS group.
- Lead development of a zero downtime deployment tool along with a deployment and status dashboard using Ruby / Sinatra.
- Promoted and implemented metrics, monitoring, and alerting services using Sensu and Graphite.
Environment: Ruby, Golang, AngularJS, Sinatra, Dashing, Puppet, MCollective, HAProxy
LoLo - Loyal Locals
Founding Engineer / Contract
May 2013 - Aug 2013
- Lead development of LoLo, a credit card linked loyalty site built to help local businesses retain and reward loyal customers.
- Lead development of an analytics dashboard used by businesses to analyze effectiveness of loyalty campaigns.
- Implemented integration with various third party services including Cardspring, SubtleData, Stripe Payments, Dropbox, and Facebook Connect
- Developed entire native iOS application and API backend to allow redemption and usage from iPhone.
Environment: Ruby, Rails, MySQL, Redis, Sidekiq, Unicorn, Git, Stripe Payments, Cardspring API, Dropbox API.
Oracle / Vitrue - Remote
May 2012 - March 2013
- Developed a concurrent Twitter adapter for the site streaming API utilizing Scala, Akka, and the Twitter4J library.
- Participated in development on a concurrent social media adapter for consuming Facebook data, written in JRuby and Akka.
- Lead external integration effort for Virtue's social commerce platform based on Spree Commerce and RoR.
Environment: Scala, Ruby, JRuby, Rails, Sinatra, Sequel, Erlang, Akka, Spree Commerce, Backbone.js, RabbitMQ, PostgreSQL, Redis, Social Media APIs (Facebook, Twitter).
PromoterBee - Atlanta, GA / Remote
June 2007 - April 2012
- Worked directly with founders to conceptualize new features, determine development effort, and select technology needed to implement a solution.
- Led development on PromoterBee Biz, a full suite application targeting restaurants, which provides management of promotions, social media monitoring, couponing, and distribution to various social media outlets and sites.
- Designed and developed an API to be used by 3rd parties to provide access to our database of specials and promotions (used by Metromix, 8coupons, and other sites).
- Implemented auto-scaling hosting infrastructure within Amazon's EC2 cloud environment.
- Implemented the FindMeSpecials iPhone app, a native location-based iPhone App used to find nearby specials and redeem coupons, which made it to top 25 in travel on the App Store.
- Led development on the PathCrosser iPhone App & REST API. Pathcrosser is a social entertainment app launched in SWSX 2011 that lets you discover common and new places based on places you have been.
- Managed and mentored contractors and team members during development.
Environment: Ruby/Rails, MySQL, Amazon AWS/EC2/S3, iPhone SDK, Objective C, JSON, GIT, Nginx, Passenger, Rspec, Capistrano, Chef, Social Media APIs (Facebook, Foursquare, Twitter).
Optimus Solutions – Norcross, GA
- Provided full life cycle development and consulting services to the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) for a financial budgeting system used to track spending for the entire APHIS branch of USDA (project worth over 1.5 million in services).
- Conducted on-site training classes for USDA staff, including "train the trainer" courses.
- Conducted stress tests and optimized system for performance.
- Provided internal training within the consulting group for Ruby on Rails. Applied RoR towards internal tooling and scripting.
Environment: Java, Spring, Hibernate, Struts, JUnit, DBUnit, Oracle 10g Application Server, Oracle 9i Database, Ant, CVS, Subversion.
CheckFree Corporation – Norcross, GA
Software Engineer, Bank of America Alliance Team
- Developed new features and functionality for Bank of America's industry-leading Online Bill Pay product.
- Analyzed security vulnerabilities in the Bill Pay product and recommended potential solutions.
- Participated in the design and development of a new transactional gateway system used to broker payments between separate systems.
Environment: Java, JMS, EJB, Servlets, JSP, Web Services, XML, WebLogic 8.1, JServ, AS/400, Solaris, Linux, Oracle, DB2, Ant, SourceSafe, CVS.
Air2Web – Atlanta, GA
Software Engineer, Core Platform Group
- Developed new functionality for the Air2Web Mobile Internet Platform, a wireless development platform built using J2EE and XML technologies with a web services architecture.
- Served as the lead developer for Delta Credit Union's wireless banking project.
- Designed and implemented the front end architecture for CheckFree's Wireless WebPay solution.
- Tuned performance and memory usage of the Mobile Internet Platform.
Environment: Java 1.3, J2EE, Servlets, JSP, XML, JMS, JDBC, WebLogic, Solaris, Oracle 8i, Ant, CVS
eHatchery LLC – Atlanta, GA
- Worked on several eCommerce sites belonging to the startup incubator including TradeUps, VetExchange, and FigLeaves.
Environment: Java 1.2, Servlets, JSP, XML, EJB, JDBC, Tomcat, CVS, Apache, Solaris, Linux, Oracle.